AGL Training Ltd are looking to recruit an Apprentice Fabricator Welder on behalf of our well-established client based in Rugeley.
Our client has over 40 years of experience in the production of high-quality metalwork for a wide variety of markets, these include Defence Ministries throughout the world, various rail networks, renewable energy providers, nuclear sectors and the retail market.
They have the capabilities to manufacture high-quality close tolerance products in a wide range of materials, they are fully equipped to produce specialised (1 off) systems as well as mass-produced items.
They can work from 0.5mm to 25.0mm mm thick material in mild steel, 0.5mm to 15.0mm stainless steel and 0.5mm to 12.0mm Aluminium sheet.
The position is for an Apprenticeship, the position is initially 12-15 months with the strong possibility of a full-time role at the end of the programme.
During this time, you will work towards the following qualifications:
· Lean Manufacturing Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standards
· EAL L2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills)
· English and Maths Functional Skills Level 1/ 2
You will receive training to enable you to carry out the following duties:
· Read and understand engineering drawings
· Follow engineering/manufacturing processes to enable fabrication of parts.
· Tungsten inert gas welding (TIG)
· Metal Inert Gas welding (MIG)
· Health and Safety
· General housekeeping
Skills and Requirements
The ideal candidate will be:
· Ambitious and willing to learn
· Polite and friendly
· Good knowledge of ICT / Microsoft Office Package
· A driving licence would be advantageous due to travelling between their Lichfield, WS13 and Rugeley, WS15 sites
Monday-Thursday 7.30 am- 4.30 pm
Friday 7.30 am-12.00 pm
Total hours paid: 37.5
Hourly Rate: £6.00 ph.
By applying for this vacancy, you agree to AGL Training Ltd making contact with you in line with General Data Protection Regulation via the contact details you have provided in relation to this vacancy. You also agree for AGL Training Ltd to forward your application to their client for consideration for the role.